Buffalo Probation Violation Lawyer

If you are on probation, any new arrest or violation can result in a jail sentence. If you have failed a urine test, been arrested for new charges or missed appointments with your probation officer, you will be charged with a violation of probation. The Law Offices of John J. Carney has more than 30 years of experience handling thousands of probation violation cases throughout New York. John Carney has earned a reputation for his record of success in high-profile cases. Our lawyers may be able to speak with your probation officer and convince him or her to continue you on probation as opposed to a jail sentence.

We have established strong relationships with drug counselors, probation officers and prosecutors, which makes it possible for us to negotiate a favorable resolution to your probation violation. In fact, John Carney has more than 20 years' experience instructing prosecutors, police officers and others about criminal procedure. Very often we are able to persuade the court to give you a second chance to continue your probation or drug treatment and avoid a jail or prison sentence.

Our lawyers are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week for a free consultation. Call 855-237-1931 right now. We charge flat-fees in most of our cases. Feel free to compare our rates with other criminal defense lawyers.
Niagara Falls Violation of Probation Attorney

A violation of probation (VOP) can have serious consequences. Any number of actions can cause you to violate the terms of your probation, including:

  • Failing to report to your probation officer
  • Failing to hold a job or attend school
  • Failing a drug or alcohol test or failing to participate in drug or alcohol counseling
  • Failing to perform community service or restitution
  • Being arrested for a new criminal offense

If your probation officer accuses you of violating your probation, you face the possibility of going to jail or prison. Even worse, you don't have to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a VOP hearing. You don't even have the right to a jury trial. An experienced criminal attorney can show the court that you have, for the most part, followed the rules of probation, remained arrest free and cooperated with your probation officer. Our Buffalo probation violation attorneys may be able to convince the court that it would be better to continue you on probation than to sentence you to a jail term.

Call the Law Offices of John J. Carney

Since our initial consultation is always free and available at any time, call 855-237-1931 to speak with one of our criminal lawyers right now.

Contact us for a Free consultation 24/7
Contact Us